Monday, February 27, 2006

Boots

Prompt: http://www.dailywriting.net/SteppingOut.htm

I loved the boot. This is my response to the prompt.


I got my boots.
I got my big bad black boots.

I walk down the street in my big bad black boots
And you can hear me comin’ in the next town.

These big boots, they got att-it-ood.
They hit the pavement like sledgehammers,
They come down like big black pistons,
They got more horsepower than a big V8,
My big bad black boots.

My boots, they changed everything.
Folk used to push me aside,
I was always the end of every queue.
Even when I got there first.
I got stood up more times
Than a shop window dummy.
I was a nobody.

Then I saw my big bad black boots,
Hangin’ off a dead man’s feet.
Didn’t do him no good, but I put ‘em on
And I felt the power drivin’ up my legs.
I started walkin’ in my big bad black boots
And folks stood aside to let me pass.

I ain’t givin’ up my big bad black boots.
I ain’t even givin’ ‘em up for nobody.
Not for Momma, not for you,
Not for that dead man that keeps walkin’ behind me,
Looking for his big bad black boots.

No sir, they my big bad black boots.
I got my boots.

4 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

What fun Gail. Reminds me of the old These Boots are Made for walking song. Nancy Sinatra I think.

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Believer said...

Whatcha' gonna do about that man behind you? Hmmmm?

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

I'm gonna stomp him with my big bad boots!

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

When I was about 12 I'd grown so fast I was actually having trouble with my and ankles and the arches in my feet.

So instead of braces my doctor told my mom to get me boots, what were they called...engineer boots or something. Bikers wore them. They were reinforced with steel in the ankles and toes.

My friends thought Iwas so cool...actually I was on my way to being a lame duck, but that was MY little secret.

I still wear those boots now, but now I wear them to be COOL.

anita marie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home