Wednesday, April 12, 2006

My Medicine Bag

My Medicine Bag?? Yes, I’ve had one for about 10 years now and I wouldn’t part with it. What is in it and why? Okay, I’ve taken innumerable pics of the Medicine Bag itself, and all the contents. Now, how to make a cohesive whole out of the assorted oddments in my Bag.

First:
The Medicine Bag…


and all its contents.



Yes dears, I know, you really can’t see it all thisaway, fear not my fellow artistes, I thought of that! I have taken pictures of all the contents and I’ll share them through this post.

Let’s begin with the bag of herbs that I carry in my Medicine Bag. In this bag I have put, Laurel for protection, Rose of the Sea for remembrance, Matricaria for enhance calm, and Salvia for purity. This adds a delicate scent to my Medicine Bag.


I was given the tiny chunk of meteor, and it resides on my Bag because, like the song says, “I am made from the dust of the stars, and the ocean flows in my veins. “We are all part of this lovely world and glorious Universe, and this is my diminutive reminder of that.

Then comes my natural crystal, to help me focus on what is truly important in this life. It goes from cloudy to incredibly clear with strong facets and a point at the business end of it.


I added a perfectly balanced lead crystal to assist me in attaining balance in my everyday life. He warms immediately to my touch, and I feel a delicate bond with him.


There is my tiny tablet of Kyunite, to remind me of the futility of worry about anything. Hmmmmmnnnhhh…. I need to look at this pic far more often*laughing ruefully*.

I carry a small chunk of iron pyrite (Fool’s Gold) as a reminder to never value anything on just its externals.

I added a man-made industrial diamond to remind me to forgo arrogance. How could the average mortal dare be arrogant in the face of any deity?

I always carry my natural crystal pendulum for meditation. Hold her up, let her begin to swing all of herself and watch the stately sway.

I tucked a tiny knapped piece of Flint in, so I always remember the difference between a tool and a weapon,


And last but never, ever least is my green plastic army man, to remind me to always nurture the child within. Besides my brothers and I loved playing with the green plastic army men when we were growing up!!! Now you know what a Professional Crazy Lady carries in her Medicine Bag.

3 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger Gwen M. Myers said...

Does he represent the 'Stripling Warrior' of your faith?

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Gwen M. Myers said...

Even better love, whether we agree with the actions our country is taking or not, the people actually risking everything should be respected, thanked and prayed for.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Wow Gwen! I just loved being able to see inside your bag. Thank you so much for showing us all. Now mine has many compartments filled with all sorts of things that might come in handy one day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home